Introduction

 Hi y'all!

My name is Madeleine, I'm a freshman, and my pronouns are she/they (I identify as nonbinary). I'm on campus right now in Ormsby hall, but I'm from Austin, Texas. I'm currently thinking about an Ethnic Studies and/or Anthropology major. 

I've taken two audio/video production classes and done a couple paid and unpaid internships making shorts, but I've almost entirely studied film production and not film history. I have been studying queer and black/brown representation in TV and film on a personal level for a few years now, but want to learn about some more formal tools for analysis. I'm interested in learning about queerness and people of color in film and filmmaking, in part because of my identity, and also because of my interest in Ethnic Studies. As a white freshman, I'm coming into this class largely uninformed and even misinformed, so I am excited to listen, observe, and discuss in order to become a better filmmaker, a better Ethnic Studies student, and just a better person. 

I can't wait to get to know y'all!

Madeleine

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madeleine ! Love to meet another (possible) anthropology majoring first year!

      Delete
    2. It's nice to meet you too Kai! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts